Not too long ago a pupil requested me, “What’s the greatest IELTS Essay planning technique?” I used to be so happy to listen to this query as a result of it meant that this pupil understood the significance of planning earlier than answering an IELTS Writing query and did not wish to simply ‘throw his concepts onto the web page.’
For all sorts of IELTS Writing duties, each Job 1 and Job 2, tutorial or normal, you will need to pay attention to the next:
- efficient preparation
- efficient planning
- acceptable model
- acceptable tone
- right construction and format (i.e. make sure that your letter ‘appears like a letter’ or your report ‘appears like a report’.
On this submit I would wish to introduce you to what I feel is the greatest IELTS writing process.
(put together, put together, put together; I’ve simply mentioned it 3 times as a result of that is how necessary I feel it’s!)
1. Learn the duty query very fastidiously.
While you’re studying the query, it is best to ask your self the next questions:
- What precisely do I’ve to jot down about?
- What model (formal or casual) and tone (informative or complaining and so forth?) do I want?
2. Brainstorm and make notes of your concepts.
Right here you are attempting to consider the utmost variety of concepts you’ve gotten that relate to the duty (make sure that they’re related!). You must write these notes on the query paper, reasonably than the reply sheet, so then that they examiner won’t learn them as a part of your reply.
3. Plan your essay
Right here it is advisable to choose the concepts that you will use, determine that are a very powerful and group them in order that your Essay has a construction and is not only a fragmented catalogue of concepts.
I discover lots of college students are involved about ‘losing time’ on planning. Within the IELTS Writing check, do NOT look at anybody else within the room and panic as a result of they seem like writing their reply and you are making notes. There are two causes for this;
- by no means take a look at different folks in an examination, you do not wish to look as for those who’re attempting to cheat
- we’re attempting to make use of our planning technique to get the most effective IELTS Writing rating potential; it isn’t a race to see who can write probably the most shortly!
That mentioned, it is necessary to pay attention to time within the IELTS Writing check. You may have 20 minutes for Job 1 so I counsel you spend most 5 minutes on the preparation stage. You may have 40 minutes for the longer Job 2 so I counsel you spend most 10 minutes on the preparation stage.
4. Write your Essay in your reply sheet, following the plan you wrote within the preparation stage
Make certain your handwriting is legible. Though you’ll be able to select whether or not to jot down in pen or pencil, I often advocate that my college students write their IELTS Writing solutions in pencil; a lot neater for those who change and proper issues.
I often advocate that this stage takes about 10 minutes for IELTS Writing Job 1 and 20 minutes for IELTS Writing Job 2. (It’s good to depart a while for the subsequent stage; roughly 5 minutes for Job 1 and 10 minutes for Job 2).
5. Right here the purpose is to verify that you’ve got written the most effective IELTS Writing reply you’ll be able to. You are going to evaluation and enhance your work.
This is what you need to be checking at this stage:
- ensure you’ve answered the duty totally (all elements of the duty)
- verify that your model and tone are acceptable and constant (e.g. NOT, Pricey Sir,…………’Hello, how are ya doin?’!
- make sure that your paragraphing is evident and logical
- all of your supporting factors are related to your reply to the duty.
- search for grammar and spelling errors.
Lastly remember that IELTS Writing Job 1 must be not less than 150 phrases and IELTS Writing Job 2 must be 250 phrases.
These phrase counts are good tips. For my part, Writing Job 1 solutions needs to be someplace between 150 and 180 phrases, Writing Job 2 solutions needs to be someplace between 250 and 300 phrases.
This is to the most effective IELTS rating potential!